For Small Business
Get ready to shake things up! Learn new tools and strategies for winning in business and create an action plan to make simple yet powerful improvements to the way you operate. Our workshops are fun and interactive, you'll come away energised and ready for action.
- Learn why customers are inspired to buy from innovative businesses
Great value, only $95$45 for friends of Business Design Institute
- Bring a friend at no extra charge
- BONUS: A free, one hour, one-on-one coaching session
A Brand New Workshop for the Gold Coast
1. Be ready for big, new ideas
to pop in your head.
Learn how tech startups disrupt their competitors with just their knowledge, experience, network and limited resources.
2. Get a fresh perspective on
your business model.
Lay out the components of your business model in our tools and discover unexpected paths to innovation.
3. Create an Action Road Map
that excites you.
Come away with an action plan that will give a big boost to your business and excitement for the future.
Is this workshop for you?
If you run a small business (or thinking of starting one) and are open to exploring fresh ideas, then you will love this workshop.
It doesn't matter if you're a lone operator or have a good size team. You might be a retailer, a tradie, a professional services provider or even a personal trainer.
If you're ready to shake things up and make some bold moves, come along and get energised.
About the New Ideas Workshop
Welcome to Business Design Institute
If you’re a small business owner, you’ll love the opportunity to hear new ideas, learn new ways of looking at your business and find out about tools that help you organise your thoughts and put your plans into action.
We’re so confident you’ll have fun at our workshops, we offer a money-back guarantee. We don’t believe in long, boring lectures. You can expect to have tech startup tools and concepts explained with diagrams and in plain language. You’ll then work in teams using our tools and frameworks, coming up with fresh ideas that you can apply to your business.
We know you’re too busy for full-day or multi-day workshops so we’ve created this 3 hour sprint workshop format to jam in as much value as possible and maximise the return on your investment.
Your facilitator, Pete Argent, has years of experience running workshops for a wide range of corporations, tech startup accelerators, individuals and even the United Nations. His specialties include technology, innovation and digital skills.
Pete's passion for these topics and their power to impact your business is obvious from the moment you meet him.
In this workshop
This workshop is designed as an introduction to these new ways of thinking about your business.
- You’ll gain an insight into the problems you solve for your customers and how this can shape your approach to everything you do.
- Hear about the Lean Startup methodology that helps you experiment with your ideas without wasting resources.
- Take a step back and look at your business from a new angle using a tool that breaks down the different components and stimulates fresh ideas and innovation pathways.
- Create an “Action Roadmap” that prompts you take simple, yet powerful improvements to your business.
You will really enjoy meeting the people that come to these workshops. They’re open minded, forward looking, full of great ideas and supportive of each other.
- Refreshments (drinks and nibbles)
- Notepads and pens
- Workshop notes
Are you ready to enrol?
Reserve your seat
Business Design Institute acknowledges and pays respect to the Yugambeh people of the Gold Coast, who are the traditional custodians of the land, as well as all their descendants both past and present.
We also acknowledge the many Aboriginal people from other regions as well as Torres Strait and South Sea Islander people who now live in the local area and have made an important contribution to the community.